Summer 2013 marks one year of extraordinary growth for Molten and our amazing community! Although we’re still working out some of the kinks in the new location we have continued to concentrate on what has always been most important… our coffee, our menu and, of course… you, Our community!
This year also marks our 10 year anniversary! With a little nostalgia I pulled the original mission statement and business plan for Molten Java.
To create a community focused environment that:
- serves the highest quality, on-premises, roasted coffee
- serves fresh food and desserts made in-store and from local sources
- provides a safe and accepting environment for all members of our local community and beyond
- supports the arts in all forms by providing performance and exhibition space with a focus on giving new artists a forum for their work.
-work in conjunction with community organizations to expand Molten Java’s dedication to supporting the arts and all local events.
I hope that I have, at least, made a small impact and plan on continuing to uphold and improve upon that original mission!
This past year, our partnership with Byrd’s Books and the Cultural Alliance of Western CT, has expanded our commitment to the arts with an upstairs gallery(CAWC) and Byrd’s Books dedication to bringing regular author events into that space. Check their calendars often for upcoming events! In addition we were able to offer two rooms of local art and a full music calendar 3-4 nights per week.
In addition to an expanded menu… coming your way in the next couple of months… this coming year will have some great surprises with the development of “Hatters Arts”. The plan includes affordable art classes as well as an art supply cooperative. Stay tuned for more information!
and finally…Still In the works for the web site:
- an easy to access and view calendar of events
- online specials and shopping
- customer comment and contact board
- employee blog links- local and community links
- and more
Thanks for ten great years!
213 Greenwood Avenue
Bethel, CT 06801
Also, check out our friends at Byrds Books, right up the stairs!